Thursday, March 22, 2007

Jury Duty Day 2 : Live Blogging

I brought my laptop today. I am hoping that it doesn’t jinx me. I havent really got over on anyone recently and I hope it comes through for me.

Didn’t sleep well last night. Bad Dreams. It may have been because of the whole process down here at 111 centre street or possibly, and more probably, because of the general state of my life. Whatever the reason , I woke up at 6:30 when I had to be downtown by 10. Went to the gym. Worked out for an hour and a half and got here by 10. I am pretty tired right now sitting in the"holding box". Thats fine since I am not doing anything.

I think I am too depressed to be on a jury. Everyone I talk to about getting picked - not many people in reality - keeps telling me to state how I am over educated. I was thinking of playing up my super education but then the panel I was on had 4 lawyers 3 MBAs and a bunch of masters so that left me searching for another reason.

Truthfully, I may be too depressed to be on a jury. I was thinking of stating when the lawyers ask if anyone has anything to add “I am very sad, I just though you should know this”.

My mom says she uses this line “ A lot of terrible things have happened to me in my life, but I think I can be impartial.” Apparently she never gets picked. (When she first stated it many jury pools ago she was completely sincere about the statement.)

The TV room is off the main assembly room 1121. There is one table, a bunch of chairs and a few couches which usually contains one sleepy hipster. The only channels the TV gets are Fox, MSNBC, CNN and NY1. We have been watching the Elizabeth Edwards throughout lunch. On the wall there are there are signed photographs to Walter, our head baliff, pinned to multiple boards. There are at least twenty head shots from famous people who have served. I have no idea who any of the people are except for F. Murray Abraham and Gwyneth Paltrow. I cant believe any DA would allow the guy who killed Mozart in his jury.

1 comment:

Rue said...

Live Jury Blogging. This should be covered on Fox News! :)