Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Colin, I'll be visiting S.F. in 1 to 2 Friedmans

Every once in awhile I read up on housing news and related overall economic trends. I have been looking for the optimal time to buy property for at least 5 years. Over the last 7 years every place I looked at buying, and every property I visited, would have been a good investment decision. And I bought none.

So, I agree I am risk adverse, but I am not sure whether I read articles on the web which inform my beliefs or just reinforce my beliefs. Everything new I absorb -- along with all information absorbed in my brain from birth -- reinforces my general feeling that the current administration is harmful to not only social, and political fabric of society but also of the economic viability. Unfortunately, for me, the general problems and consequences of running an economy like a 11th century fiefdom has not had enough direct effects to change the way people think. Senator Webb, know best for taking out Mr. Maccacca, is pretty eloquent on the growing class divide in America.

So on a national scene I follow Krugman, this Big Picture guy and Bond-dad on daily kos. These guys could be described as super pessimist but they sort of make-sense to me. Bond-dad has been talking today about more national trends in Housing. Amazingly, this fits in with my view.

As for other reasonable thinkers -- I have read friedman’s two latest books and while I enjoyed them he reminds me more of malcom gladwell and steven dubner ( the freakonomics guy). These guys, while bright, are not Jacky bright. They also seem more interested in the sound of their voice than the complexities and contradictions of their thoughts. I guess what really soured me on the St Paul Hebrew was his repetive declaration of success in the “next 6 months” being absolutely critical for future of Iraq. As a coping mechanism with this inanity I have tried to use the term “Friedman Units” or just Friedman in my common language. “LL is looking to get married in the next 1-2 Friedmans.” or “I want to got to Israel in the next 2-3 Friedmans because who knows what will be left over there in 7-8 Friedmans

tobecontinued...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't forget to call when you visit.