Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Day 1, Jury pool

Missed Jury..

A built 50ish black male is accused of orally raping the developmentally disabled 5 year old son of his ex-girlfriend. It sounded like there are no witnesses and no physical evidence. He said -- He said. Doesn't this sound horrible.

ADA:
Some of the material will be sexually explicit. Do any of you feel uncomfortable sitting in a juror which discusses these topics?

At this point only 4 people out of 18 raise their hand. Me , I only squirmed adding back the crazy jake tics i lost years ago back to my repertoire.

I couldn't believe only 4 people raised their hand. At least 13 people had volunteered they were one degree of separation from a rape. I figured all of them would speak up. Fortunately, the defense attorney noticed my odd behavior and got me to say that i thought anyone would be crazy if they were comfortable with this stuff -- and that I was uncomfortable with the idea of anyone on the jury being comfortable with this stuff.

They only picked one juror out of the batch of 18. Its gonna be a long jury selection process.

wish me luck

No comments: