Thursday, June 21, 2007

No Buffy the Musical, No Dawsons Creek

Feel free to suggest viewing material -- but be warned this isnt a democratic process.

There are two types of films I am going to show

Movies you acted in , made, or had a hand in producing --- and -- movies I want to show.

The first list is short and out of my control. So feel free to submit your junior highschool rendition of Hair. Just remember to have it transferred to DVD from video. The second list is long, in my head, and amorphous. The list below is not all inclusive but it should give you a feel and if it doesn't, too bad.

Goonies, Jaws, One Flew over the Cuckoos Nest, Maltese Falcoln, Chinatown, African Queen, Midnight Cowboy, Annie Hall, Butch Cassidy. The Third Man, Do the Right Thing, French Connection, Warriors, Rear Window, North By Northwest, Oh Brother Where Art Though, Dr Strangelove, Philadelpia Story, All Quiet on the Western Front, Giant, The Apartment. A Fish Called Wanda, The Search for the Holy Grail, Say Anything, E.T, Trainspotting.

As for suggestions of what is acceptable let me quote Justice Potter Stewart, "I cant describe it, but I know it when I see it."

4 comments:

Lucy's Dad said...

Wolf, do you know the picture The Wanderers? An excellent NYC movie, it's often overshadowed by the more cultishly beloved and similarly titled The Warriors, and while I'd hate to choose between the two, in a pinch I'd take the former, which, though it has a lot fewer gang fights, is a lot funnier.

Rue said...

Warriors.... warr-i-ors.

Okay, not a bad list. How do you feel about Bringing Up Baby? What about Apocalypse Now? I can't believe Carlito's Way didn't make the cut.

410E9th said...

I'll rent the wanderers, i havent seen it in 20 years, and tell you if I think it makes the cut. After watching both Last King of Scotland (Sat) and Say Anything (Sun) I think maybe funny movies might be better at keeping crowds involved. Also the noise from the Yaffa is much better on a school night than on the weekend. Might need to figure out a better speaker arrangement.

Do you really think I can get people to sit through carlito's way

Rue said...

People will totally sit through Carlito's Way...

"Hey, remember me? Benny Blanco from the Bronx"