Sunday, January 06, 2008

Not Returning From Costa Rica

I had to cancel my trip to costa rica at the last minute. I was feeling horrible, with sinus pain, a cough, and a fever. I probably would have sucked it up, put on a ski mask and got on the plane. But the trip was way too active. Hiking, Biking, Trekking, Surfing, I dont know how i would have recovered. The main good reason not to go was that I wanted to be healthy enough to have my planned surgery for my deviated septum and clogged sinuses. It looks like its on for this wednesday.

Canceling was a huge disappointment. It was going to be the first trip for me and msmcdizzell. We had been planning this trip for months and it seems like everytime i saw her on the computer she was looking at another kooky rustic lodge in puerto Viejo. She has informed me that she is disappointed that i wont be able to see what a wonderful enjoyable travel partner she is -- so its doubly good i didnt go i because my attitude would have probably made me the worst travel partner ever.

As far as what type of other surgeries I am having they include Septoplasy, Frontal Sinusotomy, Ethmoidectomy, Maxillary Antrostomy.
Here are a couple quotes about the different surgeries from Sinus Relief Now by Jordan S Josephson.

Ethmoidectomy
The ethmoid sinuses are shaped like a beehive and composed of up to 22 smaller cavities or cells. When the anterior sinuses are obstructed the frontal and maxillary sinuses will not drain properly because these two sinuses drain into the anterior ethmoid. This area is known as the ostiomeatal complex.
Frontal Sinusotomy: This surgery opens up the frontal sinus in your forehead. This procedure is done through the nose in most instances. The passageway is difficult and technically challenging to open for most surgeons...
Maxillary Middle Meatal Anstronomy
... the natural ostim of the maxillary sinus is opened

I have learned about my possible problems Here is a little video from a doctor in singapore.I hope my doctor has better training than just watching these classical music themed videos.



Here is a nice full length video of Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery



2 comments:

jackie said...

wooooah. the operation obsession has gone into Frankenstein mode. abort. abort.

Also, don't forget that you WILL get to see what an uber-amazing travel companion I am in an even more 'kooky, rustic' place like Corn Island, Nicaruaga, which, has escaped mainstream tourism because it is part of Colombian islands international drug smuggling ring. Sounds charming!!! Just make sure to leave all your painkillers at home for fear of armed robbery.

Rue said...

Wait, you're telling us you cancelled your vacation so you could get a nose job?? What, are you Ashley Simpson or something? :)